ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - a teacher who made a difference... how about you
View Single Post

Summerwillcom

I actually tried to contact/ find my 2nd
Old 01-12-2021, 10:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

grade teacher when the people finder 1st came out to thank her.
Her name was Miss Welsh and she was fairly young. She was the most interesting/ kind teacher I ever had ( even though she had a paddle...lol) She seldom used it.
I remember so much I learned in her class. We studied Alaska. I remember seeing the beautiful pictures and learning all about the state. As a kid, I thought it was so beautiful, but such a far off land that I'd never see it. ( Never in my wildest dreams, did I think I'd end up here.)
We studied a lot about current events.
Pollution was a huge problem then. Cities had grey, blue, and green smog. I remember after leaving downtown, you'd blow your nose and black stuff would come out.
We studied laws that were passed to clean up the skies/air. I remember her telling us in a year that seemed far off that cars would have to have emissions checks. When I started driving, I remember going in for my emissions sticker and thinking of her.
I learned more from her than any other teacher until I went to college.
I wish I could have found her and told her, but there was no record I could find of her. Not even the school knew where she had moved many yrs later.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net