ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - a teacher who made a difference... how about you
View Single Post

LuBelle

Teacher that made a difference!
Old 01-14-2021, 08:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

The teacher that may have make the most difference in my life was probably my own Aunt Marjorie. When I was in 7th grade I was terrified by my English teacher. She was a formidable, really mean, older lady. She called on us using cards with our names on them, and her favorite activity for us was diagramming sentences. I totally didn’t get diagramming and she made me cry one day in class because of the humiliation. That Christmas vacation my parents shipped me off to my Aunt Marjorie, who was a high school English teacher. I was there for 10 days, and every day we worked on English, grammar, and (gag) diagramming sentences. At the end of the visit I was a master at diagramming sentences! Ah-HA! I had a better understanding of grammar. It made such a difference in my life! I became the mean teacher’s star student! I floated through my English classes in junior high and high school. I minored in English in college. Thank you Aunt Marjorie! Love and miss you!
BUT, ED.....you made me think. I, too, need to express appreciation to my typing teacher, Mr. DeBryan. Typing was an essential skill that helped me succeed in high school, college, teaching, and I use it today! Thank you Mr. DeBryan.
LuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net