ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Co-Teaching Help!!!
View Single Post

NJ Teacher

Co-Teaching is not for everyone...
Old 02-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It sounds like she was not a fan of being a co-teacher from the start, and the chemistry does not seem to be working. If this was not a move she requested, and as you say, the grade level is new to her, she might resent the move and is taking it out on you. If you are giving her the freedom to pursue her own ideas and lessons when it is her turn, I'm not sure what her issues are. One of my colleagues had this issue last year. The special ed. teacher was placed in a special needs kindergarten class this year and the regular ed. teacher was given a new partner. The new teacher has a much different personality, and everything is working out much better for them. It sounds like your post could have been written by the regular ed. colleague last year. I would have an honest conversation with her sharing your feelings and let her share hers. Then, the two of you could hopefully plan together on how you will go from here. It sounds like she needs to request a new placement if she is not happy.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net