ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Co-Teaching Help!!!
View Single Post

MightyTeach

Old 02-28-2018, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I can understand how your co-teacher would want to co-teach but she is the special ed support teacher and that is her assignment. She should not be telling you what she wants to do or not do in your classroom. She is responsible for differentiating the special ed students' lessons and assessments while making sure that the students are satisfying the goals and objectives in their IEPs that need to be met. She has very clear responsibilities that she must meet.

I feel that she should be following your lead and by providing her with your lesson plans in advance this allows her to give you input that you may or may not want to use. I think that you have tried this co-teaching approach and now it is time to take the reins back and nicely suggest that your co-teacher concentrate on her students as this is where her expertise could best be used.

I don't think you need to make a grade level change or need to feel defeated. This special ed teacher is unhappy and seems to be creating an unhappy atmosphere. Don't let her steal your joy!

PS I am an inclass special ed support teacher and follow my co-teacher's lead and willingly work with all students while concentrating on my group.

Last edited by MightyTeach; 02-28-2018 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: spelling
MightyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net