ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - calling all intervention teachers
View Single Post

luvtulearn

yes. . .same as us
Old 06-29-2017, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for responding . That is exactly what we are doing except I am not using DIBLES or MAP. I go into the classroom for RTI for 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th grade. But for K and 3rd I do the pull out and these are the teachers that rely on me for their differentiation. Third grade does daily morning tutoring before school and are very supportive of me. Its Kinder that I have been concerned about and yes I have met with admin. regarding the lack of differentiation. Since there is no program for kinder in intervention I have been doing guided reading with them. The other elementary schools in our district do not service kinder at all for intervention. They use DIBLES 1-5 grades. The kinder teachers want to trade out students as soon as new ones enter. That will not transpire next year. By Admin. the kinder students will remain in intervention until they either test out or at least until the end of the tri-semester. Also my principal met with the kinder grade level leader and told them she wants to see a workshop type of differentiation in all kinder classrooms. This was after the kinder teachers requested their " own" intervention teacher. They felt kinder needed more time than what I could provide. Last year I pulled out 8 kinder students but next year only 6 at a time. My principal wants to pilot LLI intervention for 2nd grade. I'm excited about this intensive intervention. It is based on guided reading.
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net