ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How are Title 1 and RtI connected?
View Single Post

Rdng_Tchr

How are Title 1 and RtI connected?
Old 05-31-2018, 07:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be moving from classroom teacher to Title 1 Teacher (K-6) in a small rural school next year. The previous teacher in this position was only willing to do the bare minimum, as she was approaching retirement. There are some things about the past program that have not been what they should be. I'm not trying to be hateful, I am trying to just state facts. My principal has told me she wants things to be different, but I'm not sure she has a solid grasp on what she actually wants to BE different. She is good to give us freedom within our area to develop our programs as fit our personalities, within certain guidelines. She is not a micro-manager, in other words. So, I do not have a great model to follow.
With that being said, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Where do I find information that outlines the requirements of the Title 1 program? Is there a good website or book?
I also will be in charge of RtI. I have been researching and cannot find information on how these two programs are connected. Is RtI under the umbrella of Title 1, or is it a different program altogether? Is it a REQUIRED federal program? I do understand the RtI model of three tiers. Is that model REQUIRED or SUGGESTED? How do Title 1 and RtI operate both individually and separately?
Both Title 1 and RtI are intervention programs, so what is the difference between them and how do they work together?
Any guidance is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Rdng_Tchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net