ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How are Title 1 and RtI connected?
View Single Post

Rdng_Tchr

Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you! You have helped to clarify some things for me. We are a small, rural school, and I am IT for about 90 students K-5. Sixth grade has a separate Reading class. I would only be progress monitoring them using DIBELS and giving that information to their reading teacher.
I really like handbooks and "how-to" information. lol. It is nice to know if you are on track and have something by which to measure it. I am working on networking with some Title 1 teachers in my area to get some ideas from them.
The former teacher threw away the only scripted curriculum that we had. I believe she mostly coordinated with the classroom teacher and reinforced what was being taught in the regular classroom. There are resources like leveled readers in the room and I will utilize them. I am also taking an online course this summer on teaching reading to give me some more tools for my toolbox, and sharpen my memory of the process. I think my superintendent would be open to buying a formal curriculum, but I am unsure yet what I would want to use.
I will look more at our state education website and do some more research. Thank you so much!
Rdng_Tchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net