ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to do an SLO in Title
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 12-20-2018, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm a sped teacher, but involved in intervention blocks where I see gen ed kids as well. We meet as a data team every 6 weeks to discuss the data and move groups around as necessary. Some kids end up with me all year, but a lot of kids that I start with end up being moved. Last year I also had kids that moved into my group after the first cycle (so like the 2nd month of school) and I didn't get any credit for their growth because they weren't on my original list.

My school/district doesn't make any considerations for this. My SLO is based on the kids on my original list, regardless of who I actually ended up teaching. Last year I didn't make my goal. Luckily I was rated highly enough on my evaluation to still be okay. I wish they would let me just make a list at the end of the year of all of the kids I actually worked with all year long.

Assuming your kids have been dismissed from title because they're doing really well, I'd personally try to just stick with that list and get credit for that. I mean, being exited is the goal, right? If I were you I'd still progress monitor them every once in awhile (if you're not already doing that) so you can keep up on their data and use that for your SLO.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net