ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Sped students that should stay home
View Single Post

SDT

Old 06-30-2020, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It does not look like students will be required to wear mask in my area, so that wonít be used as a basis for sending them home. In addition, even if students in general are required to wear a mask, no person who canít independently manage a mask should ever wear one. This applies to my entire class.

Your other point as the one that Iím concerned about. The kids who spread body fluids whether intentionally or because they lack control/ability to control that could place others at risk. Personally, I donít believe that those children should be in class. If they are, I want to know if other parents will be made aware of this and what liability I have if another student gets sick.

My kids are multi disabled and medically fragile. These things are issues with a couple of my kids. I also think this will impact in our emotionally disturbed classrooms. I think we will see it be an issue with a student has to be restrained and I also think some students will intentionally use this behavior to manipulate situations.

We received a survey about our concerns for returning to school. I rode all of this and very clearly. I also stated that based on my past experience in this district I do not trust the people in charge to ensure that our needs are met. Iím hoping someone will look into it, but I doubt it.
SDT is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net