ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Update to "questions for pull out teachers"
View Single Post

elspeech

Old 07-05-2020, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Interesting how different places do things. I've been in 2 schools in my district and they've both had all / most IEP students in one class, unless there were unusually high numbers, in which case they were split between two classes. I think much of that may have started due to the push for push-in services. It has actually worked well in both of the schools. In my current school the K, 1st and 2nd grade teachers with the SPED students have stayed the same, while the 3rd, 4th and 5th grades change out which teacher has those students each year.

The only time it really changes is if there are several "high-needs" / behavior students in a grade, in which case they are split up.

We generally have 3 teachers at each grade, with a high ELL population, so one of the other teachers at each grade level gets most of the ELL students.

Overall, it seems to work well, so the SPED and ELL teachers really only have to collaborate and concentrate on 1 class.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net