ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Update to "questions for pull out teachers"
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 07-06-2020, 11:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I really hope our remote plans are like that! In the spring my director originally was insistent that we meet all of the minutes on the original IEPs. I pointed out that made no sense because the gen ed hours had been significantly reduced. Not only was the school day reduced to 4 days per week, but teachers were only supposed to be sending a few hours of work each day. She wasn't buying it until I said it would change LRE if we didn't lower our time with students as well.

Now she's saying remote services need to be "scheduled with the family." To me, that sounds like 1:1. If that's going to happen, the minutes are going to have to be significantly reduced as there aren't enough hours in the day. No way can I coordinate 5-6 families to all agree on a time for their group to meet via zoom. Not that I expect most students to show up for those anyway...

Some of our related service providers did the zoom services last time, but they only see each of their students for 30 minutes per week even in a regular school schedule. Meanwhile my kids see me for 3-5 hours per week. I also know that they would often have a decent number of kids sign up for time slots for zoom services, but then not show.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net