ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - IEP meetings where case manager and service provider are not the same person
View Single Post

Lottalove

That is tough~
Old 09-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In my district, we are not using this type of plan. I haven't had a case where the other service providers were not already other SpEd teachers unless it is a therapy person. The therapists and other SpEd teachers have their own access to the online IEP programs. Interventionists would not have access to the IEP program online.

When I am case manager, I run the IEP meeting. Anyone in attendance can address their parts. It is almost impossible to get all of the teachers and service providers to the meetings. We are lucky to get one SpEd teacher and one GenEd at the MS/HS level. So I usually remind the others to go online and add their parts. If not, I collect the info from the other providers and present that information in the meeting. They do the written parts in the IEP through their own access to the draft IEP. They update the Present levels and the goals they serve. They do the progress reports for the goals in their areas of service.

Using the interventionists is all new territory. Covid has changed the way things work in your school. You all may need to figure out how it works for you. You may need to clarify how the interventionists address goals, collect data, submit it to you and/or chart it for progress reports and more.

Can you make or modify a form like the Parent Input or Teacher Input forms for evals/reevals? Maybe do a Google Forms so that you can send it out to the Interventionists electronically every so often?

Good luck.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net