ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - google classroom/sped privacy question (long)
View Single Post

SDT

Old 09-15-2020, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I’m not sure about the privacy issue with the people tab. My guess is that something that each district would have to decide for themselves. I can see both sides of the issue. However, you said,
Quote:
So for each class and every assignment, you had to recreate the whole thing, add all of the links, schedule it, assign it to the specific kids, etc.
You don’t have to do that. Create the assignment the way you want it. Then, you can do one of two things. You can assign it to the first student. Then instead of creating a new assignment, select “reuse post.” Assign it to the second student, and continue with each of your students. You can also assign the post to multiple students without assigning it to all of the students. This might be different from last semester; I’m not sure. But in the same way that you assign it to one student, you can just go down and click all of your students for your initial post. Does that make sense? If not, repost this on the busy board. Ima or Greyhound Girl can probably explain it better.

As for things being a mess, my team solved this way. I created a topic for each of us. I created two topics for each of us. The first one is for current assignments and the second one is four completed or “archived” assignments. At the end of each week, we each move our completed assignments to our second topic and post our new assignments for the next week. My situation is a little bit different because it is self-contained and all the parents and kids know each other anyway. They’ve been together since preschool and this is middle school. The privacy ship sailed along time ago. However, you might could use something similar in your situation.
SDT is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net