ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about read aloud accommodation
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 12-28-2020, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Does the accommodation say "as requested" or "if requested" next to it? If it does, I think you are covered, but it's still a good idea to remind students when passing the test out or whenever it makes sense to do so. If the accommodation doesn't say "as requested" or something similar, then the entire assessment needs to be read aloud, not just parts the student asks for. That's what it means here anyway. If you're unsure it might be best to ask your sped teacher.

At my school, many teachers just record themselves reading the test and give students with the accommodation access to the recording. This allows them to hear the questions at their own pace without disturbing other students in the class. I have so many students in different classrooms that if I were to read tests aloud every time one of them was taking a test, that's literally all I'd ever do. So in my building, classroom teachers have always been in charge of accommodations. This is also helpful because it mimics district level and state level testing- it's all digital now so students press a button to hear the question read aloud on the computer if they have that accommodation.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net