ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - another math family fun night!
View Single Post

KP/NH

How about...
Old 03-24-2007, 03:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a number sequencing game? I'll try to explain my idea clearly. The numbers could be as large or small as you like. I've used a cut up hundreds chart. Find or make gameboards (Milky Way Madness with blank stars?) that need to be filled with number cards ordered from least to greatest. The trick would be to take random cards from the deck and decide about where on the path to put them so that later picked cards would fit. An example of a player's board might look like 37--58--61--67--84--92 depending on the cards chosen, another player's could be 17--22--27--65--83. If a player picks a high card in the beginning, for example 78, and chooses to place it low on the board, when they choose the next cards they may not be able to be played because they are less than 78, and the path of numbers has to be in sequence from least to greatest. If a card can't fit in sequence on the board, the player loses the turn. First one to fill the board with sequenced numbers wins. Winning would depend on luck (cards drawn)and skill(in placing numbers logically).
I've also seen a game called Rocket To The Planets. There are circles for planets. Each circle has about 4 different numbers in it, and the numbers are sums you can get when tossing two dice. Players toss the dice, and add. If the sum is on the 1st planet, they can go there, but if it isn't they stay where they are. In order to move to the next planet, a player has to roll and get a sum that's on that planet. Provides practice in basic addition facts to 12. Hope these help!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net