ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Pictures of a Classroom Tree?
View Single Post

robinxo

Tree
Old 07-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Last year I made a chicka chicka boom boom tree for my classroom reading center. I had my husband help but it was really simply. He got 4" pvc pipe and 2 8' two by fours and cut one in half to make a cross for the bottom stand. Then you get a big umbrella and ripe the fabric off. You place the umbrella into the top of the cylinder and cut your leaves out of bullentin board paper and just hot glue then to the rods of the umbrella. You wrap your pvc in burlap, you can find different colors at walmart for cheap. Then get abc magnets and hot glue them on the tree they will stay. I made coconuts out of the left over bulap and stuffed them with paper. I will take a pic of it tomorrow when I go to my classroom for you. You can make the tree whatever size you want to. It was a big hit with the other teachers. I also put small sand bags on the stand so I knew it would not fall and covered the bottom with the rest of the burlap so it loooked like sand. The tree is sturdy with out the sand bags but I did not want to take a chance. Hope this helps.....

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net