ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Help! Management of older students
View Single Post

giver1940

I've been retired for a long time
Old 02-08-2015, 05:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

so don't know that I would be much help with most of your problems, but my kids all had to do rochambeau (rock, paper, scissors but the name intrigued them) to settle any disagreements. Not 2 out of 3; one time, and nothing but rock, paper, scissors - none of the other things they make up. It didn't take long for it to work, but like I said, it was a while back. I even saw them doing it at other times so I guess it worked.

Talk to the teachers and see if they would agree to work with you for a reward (no homework day, extra time out of class for a game with you or whatever) (or you could give the winner a coupon for a free play day when the others had class) for the class that was the quietest when they lined up until they were picked up. Maybe you could print up some kind of coupon and when a class had 5 coupons (or more) (increase it a little each six weeks), they got ???? That way there wouldn't be so many rewards.

See if the principal will let you give him/her a stash of small prizes (Oriental Trading or Michael's or Hobby Lobby or Party City come to mind about where to get them) and give individual coupons and when a kid has x#, they get to go to the principal, brag about their good behavior and get a prize.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net