ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Classroom Management
View Single Post

bagano1

Old 10-16-2019, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Been there, done that. Dealing with it now.

Gonna be honest, this sounds grim. Ask other teachers what they do. All I'm going to say is, it's not you, it's the school and the types of students there. No matter what people say, the school lets them get away with this sort of behavior. Go to other schools in the area and you'll see some are better, others are worse. If you're trying your best, it's not you.

I managed a restaurant where we employed the same kids from the high schools I sub at now. They gave us trouble too. They were basically unemployable and uncontrollable. However, unlike teachers, we had apps and we had power. One girl didn't show up for work, didn't call in and got the shock of her life when she was informed she no longer had a job when she came in for work! And that was that. No games, no scoldings for not controlling my workplace, no PD meetings on how to deal with workers that can't behave, they were all replaced with better kids.

These kids just aren't learning this in school and it's sad. You can't function in life without consequences.
bagano1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net