ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Want to end my marriage
View Single Post

Lucylou

Lucylou
Old 02-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I do know a little bit about what you are feeling. I've been married for 7 years to a wonderful man too. The problem is we are only friends on my part. During our engagement I had some serious doubts that I should not marry this person because I don't really "love" him like a wife, but rather a friend. I married him in the hopes that my doubts would dissipate and the friendship feelings would grow into something stronger. Unfortuanately they haven't, but fortunately our friendship has remained.

I kept this inside for a long time and didn't even tell my friends the personal struggle I was having. My friends and family now know about our struggles and this has lifted a huge weight. I don't feel that I have to portray a certain image or hide the raw feelings I was experiencing.

I don't know if you are a religious person; I've never been until more recently. I attended a retreat and have joined a small prayer group. What has also helped me is just knowing that our Savior knows everything I am feeling. I feel that with prayer and being open about my struggles, an answer will present itself.

I will be praying for you. You can only change yourself. Take comfort right now in others and that your Saviour knows and understands. Things will work out.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net