ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Want to end my marriage
View Single Post

crykevin

Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

I know how you feel. I have been married for one year, and I'm already burnt out on the whole drinking thing. Lately, my husband spends all evening until late into the night at my father's house drinking. His choice of drink is liquor. I beg him to just come home, and he says I will. But it is always late, and I'm in the bed. When I try to talk to him about it, he says "I'm going to drink" as if he does not even care about my feelings. I have given him an ultimatum; which I always said I would never do. He has continued to drink despite my request. I've tried prayor, but so far nothing. I'm not giving up. He's really a wonderful husband when he's sober, and I love him dearly. We have a wonderful relationship as long as he's not drinking. He says "you should be happy because at least I'm with your dad". I've even talked with my father about the situation, but of course, men are going to stick together and I'm "just over-reacting". Best wished to you; I hope things work out for you. Maybe one day men will open their eyes and realize what they're doing to us.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net