ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Dealing with parent volunteers
View Single Post

Tawaki

Ugh...
Old 05-09-2017, 07:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My DD school was crawling with parent volunteers until the new principal came and shut it down on the all the extra security after Sandy Hook.

The old principal would have let room mothers pass out flyers for parties etc without running it past anyone. The worse volunteers were the ones who kids' teachers were 22-30 years old and new. They'd steam roll right over the teacher.

I know three moms off the top of my head who would act this way. They have no problem bending the truth to do recon at the school, and telling everyone afterwards. One mom used her kid's very minor food allergy to show up as much as she could until the new principal shut her down.
One mom had a special needs kid and would show up every day because she was sure the school was abusing and mentally crippling her kid. I had deal this loon in the lunchroom every.single.day. She ran her big mouth on how the monitors where terrible. I was never so happy to see her barred from coming in anymore after new principal dropped the hammer.

It's the principal who sets the tone on this mess. Old principal was all waffle cones, ice cream and unicorns and never said NO to a crazy parent. The second did a 180, and almost no one is allowed in to volunteer with it first being cleared by him/her.

I voluteered a lot, and followed exactly what the teacher wanted me to do.

Pity those poor teachers....
Tawaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net