ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Sick - missing the last two days of school
View Single Post

Margaret916

Sick - missing the last two days of school
Old 06-17-2009, 04:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok, so I posted last week how I got sunburned. Then I posted about cough meds and nyquil. Felt waaaay worse yesterday and went back to the doc.

Turns out it is the flu. On Monday I went to the doctor and he said I had no fever, probably just a virus making me feel yucky and I was dehydrated. Sooo... rest, drink fluids and go to work as tolerated.

Went to school Tuesday, felt WORSE . Left at lunch time and went back to the doc -- did a flu swab, yep. It's the flu. Not sure what kind. We have a "probable" swine flu case in 2nd grad.e I've had 4 kids out Friday, 5 on Monday and 5 out yesterday plus 1 that went home.

Soooo, now I"m out for the next few days. I'm so sad though....I teach 6th grade, the last grade in our school. I will miss the end of the year and the 6th grade awards ceremony. I won't see my kids again since they will be in middle school next year.

I feel like a loser. I have been counting down to the end...but I don't want it to end like this! I want to say good bye to my kids!

I'm going in at night tonight to turn in my report cards (to have someone else hand out tomorrow). I will leave notes for the kids that I made for their end of the year letter...and write a note on the board asking them to sign my yearbook and telling them how sorry I am to miss the end of the year. Other suggestions to deal with this?

*sigh* I feel like such a whiner. Thanks for listening.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net