ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Will a coaching incident affect my teaching job?
View Single Post

cali11

Will a coaching incident affect my teaching job?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a cheer coach at the school I work at (I don't have any experience, I took the job to become more involved.) I am also a first year teacher. Teaching has been going fine, but it's the coaching that is making my life miserable right now. Over the summer, I had a graduate come in and teach the girls a routine for competition. I had no idea that she had to be board approved, so I continued to use her. A few weeks before competition, I was told that I could no longer use her because she wasn't board approved. I agreed, but stupidly brought her to competition because I thought since it wasn't a school related event, it was okay. So, after competition, I figured that her involvement was over, and she would leave my girls alone. Well, that's not the case. She texted the girls about learning a new Christmas dance behind my back, and now an angry parent has gone and emailed my principal, the athletic director, and other superiors. I don't care about losing the cheer coach job, but I am terrified to lose my teaching job because of this. Is this a possibility? I hate coaching, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I know what I did was stupid, I just want to keep being a teacher.

cali11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net