ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Will a coaching incident affect my teaching job?
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wouldn't think it would, but I don't work at a school with any coaching staff, so...

I just wonder what you were thinking when you thought an event with school children wasn't a school event? I mean, I understand that it is run by an outside organization, but you were taking a school sponsored group, so it automatically falls under your organization's rules and guidelines anytime you work with them. Knowledge for next time.

Have they talked to you about it? I would put in writing a letter outlining that you in no way sponsored her activities after you were originally told she was not allowed. I would also put in writing when and how you talked with her about not being allowed to help anymore due to not being board approved (what does that mean, exactly?) and that you had no knowledge or approval of her contact with the girls to teach them a new routine.

Then I would wait and see what happens. Volunteer to give the coaching job away, and make sure you are very familiar with the rules and guidelines you have signed to agree. I think that if they want to get rid of you, they certainly are within their means to do so. But it doesn't reflect on your classroom success and failures, so....
Best of luck.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net