ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Alternative to SmartBoards
View Single Post

iteachk2010

Old 08-21-2014, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use my Smartboard for whole group, too. For example, I display pages from the student edition when I am giving directions. I show animated math models to introduce math lessons to the whole class. I display ppts to use with whole group lessons. I display graphic organizers that we complete together. I can save them and pull them up later. (Better than dry erase board where once it is erased, it is gone or chart paper where I have to store it and then I need to have a place to display it.) I show you-tube videos, science videos... You can use it to display SKYPE calls so all students can see. I used Go Noodle site this year and displayed the videos on the Smartboard.

I have a document camera, too. So students are able to show & explain their work to the whole class on the Smartboard. I model handwriting to the whole group. I display my read-alouds on the Smartboard so all the students can see the pictures. Students can listen to/follow along an ebook. In addition, there are interactive games for more than one player that can be played on the Smartboard.

I use the Smartboard as a center-three students at a time.

We use the Smartboard all the time. I wish I had one of the newer versions. Those you can have two students writing on it at the same time.

I had two laptops. This year they took out our laptops and we are supposed to get two iPads. I am excited to have my students use those. I like that there are apps like Tell About It where my nonreaders/nonwriters can develop their oral language skills. Once they start writing, they can use Write About It app. There are other apps like Telligami, Scratch, Jr., Doodle Buddy...that I want to have my students use.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net