ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Bed Bugs!
Thread: Bed Bugs!
View Single Post
Icky-Eeeew

Icky-Eeeew

Bed Bugs!
Old 07-17-2018, 12:06 PM

It seems, due to having company sleeping and stacking the bags by the sofa, we have bed bugs. This is freaking me the heck out!

I had an exterminator come out today and 2 more coming out tomorrow. The major infestation is the sofa, but there are signs that they are moving to the bedrooms. My first thought is to take the sofa in the yard and set it on fire! I am really not joking when I say that. However, my concern is the bugs that we do not see. I do not want to get a new sofa and still have the issue. The price to treat the house is $4000!
From everything that I have read, these bugs are hard to get rid of, but we do not have that kind of extra cash around. The only thing I know to do is pay cash for what we can and use credit cards for the rest.

DH is wanting to try to treat it ourselves. I do not think this is going to work. I think in the long run we will have to have the house professionally done any way, after we spend a crap ton of money trying to do it ourselves. I have more more companies coming out tomorrow for an estimate.

Has anyone successfully been able to take care of this themselves? My house is clean. We are not dirty folks, but this is a bit embarrassing!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net