ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Dog is doing better!
View Single Post

KingbirdQueen

Old 07-21-2021, 12:40 PM

We actually typically do hotdogs, peanut butter and cheese bits or even dog treats to give her pills. Unfortunately she will not eat any food at all, which is the problem. Because she is nauseated, she does not eat any food at all not matter the treat. Even if there is no pill I can’t get her to eat anything at all. No exceptions . We tried treats , real chicken, hot dogs, peanut butter, bacon, cheese, hamburger, bread, and even a popsicle bit. I tried to make her a chicken and rice meal with broth to get her to eat and she won’t. Peanut butter - nope. She refuses to eat anything at all right now so we lost that magic trick. She did eat some chicken and peanut butter an hour after her pill goes down. But by the time she needs the next pill she’s back to NOPE!

I do the pill down the throat but she fights me fiercely trying to get her muzzle which causes her dizziness to be worse. The clenches her jaw and shakes her head. She’s very stubborn. It does work, but it makes her miserable as it must make the vertigo worse. But it’s all I can think to do.
KingbirdQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net