ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - End of the Year Craziness
View Single Post

hopeful10

End of the Year Craziness
Old 04-18-2013, 05:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As the end of the year is quikly approaching, 26 days left now, my 2nd grade students are starting to go crazy. I am sure this is a common thing, but being 7 months pregnant my patience is wearing thin. I'm not sure if it is the hormones or what. I use a clip chart to reinforce students' good behavior and pass out our school's PBS money too. It seems for some of my students, no matter what I do, nothing phases them. After the week my one student had (one of the things he did was stand on the urinal) I wrote a note home to his parents saying his behvaior did not earn him having cupcakes for his birthday at school tomorrow. I wrote we could try again for next week. After two students talked conitiuously while I taught throughout the day, I finally ran out of patience for asking them to stop when they talked, laughed, and shared pencils during a timed test. I gave them the stare and they saw me, but kept going. I finally walked up to their desks, took their papers off their desk, and ripped them up. I told them they both got 0's. The thing is it was really just a practice test and not a grade, which I told them. I told them they will not be so patient in 3rd grade and higher.

I am not sure what to do at this point. At times, I don't like the teacher I am right now. I think it is just because I am exhausted. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

hopeful10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net