ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Inclusion question
View Single Post

monogram

Inclusion question
Old 11-20-2014, 06:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I wanted to ask those of you in middle school resource positions about the inclusive classroom. I am working with students a couple of grade levels below their peers and trying to accommodate and use effective strategies with them during class time. I am not currently co teaching at this time so with assignments and organizational skills, study skills I am finding it somewhat difficult to effectively work on the goal areas for these students. It is very rare that my students get work done during class time and then it carries over into directed studies time. We have been told that our directed studies time should only be used to address goal areas. The problem we are having is students don't take anything home with them for homework, so it has to be done at school or it doesn't get done. Just trying to effectively work out the kinks so that I can effectively use strategies, address goal areas and guide students towards accomplishing work. I would like to hear how others are addressing inclusion with their students and what is working for you. Thanks

monogram is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net