ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What is your Learning Looking Like?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 01-18-2021, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We were in person from September 1 (they pushed the student start date back, it was supposed to be mid-August) until Halloween. Fully remote in November and December, and as of last week we're now fully in person again. I could be wrong, but I don't see us going fully remote ever again. There were lots of mental gymnastics and changing of rubrics/guidelines to "prove" that covid doesn't spread in schools and that it doesn't matter what community numbers look like.

My district took hybrid totally off the table way back in the summer when decisions were originally being made. They felt it would be the worst of both worlds. They also felt it may be even more unsafe due to kids "widening their circles" (and then exposing the rest of us at school) based on where they were spending time on the at-home days for hybrid (i.e. going to daycare, going to a relative's house, etc. would be exposing them to more people throughout the week than if they just came to school every day). Personally I'm very glad. It does seem like the worst of both worlds to me, plus it's asking teachers to do two jobs.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net