ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about disinfecting wipes
View Single Post

Alicia G

Old 04-12-2020, 04:39 AM

Yes, do look up what you can mix bleach with. If you want to use bleach on a surface, dilute it with water and use it.

I don't think any commercial wipes, including Clorox brand, actually have bleach (there might be some industrial ones out there but not the household ones we're likely to have...). We use the store brands most of the time. One thing I read somewhere is to make sure that your surface is relatively clean of spills and such. So, if there is a stray squirt of mustard on the counter, wipe it with a paper towel or rag (wash those rags in bleach long before they stink - not for COVID concerns, but they are bacteria traps) and remove the mustard before using a wipe.

Also, considering that wipes are sometimes in short supply now, don't go overboard. I know someone who wiped down her bathroom floor with wipes. If you aren't going to be licking it, just a regular mopping now and then should do (leaving your outside shoes at the entry way helps too). If it is a surface that hands are not likely to touch, you don't need disinfecting for regular cleaning.
Alicia G is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net