ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I need a peptalk please!
View Single Post

Katluv

I need a peptalk please!
Old 07-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This will be my 27th year in 4th grade...yes, a long time (all in the same district)! I'm not bragging by any means but I have positively influenced a lot of kids in my teaching career and feel like I am a competent, good teacher. I bet 90% of my students really enjoyed being in my class over the years.

We are a district that lets parents request teachers. That used to be ok when state testing wasn't such a big deal but times have changed and of course we all want high scores. 2 other teachers in my grade are young and fresh so they get a lot of requests. The other veteran teacher and I get some but nothing like we used to when we were younger.

My principal gives me behavior problems because she knows I can handle them but they aren't usually the high academic ones. Over the last few years my test scores have been mediocre at best (5 SPED last year while colleagues had 0, 2 or 2). I don't make the class lists obviously and can't help who is in my class.

I am already feeling beat down once again and never feel good enough. We all teach the exact same reading and math curriculum. I know I am a very good, if not excellent teacher and just need some PT love to reassure me I am ok.

One more thing, I am the go to person in my grade for being organized and on top of things and keeping everyone up to speed. That counts for something right?

I guess I should stop feeling sorry for myself but last year was ROUGH and I'm hoping for my sanity that this year is better.

Thanks for listening guys!

Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net