ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Engage New York Math Rotations?
View Single Post

SwollenAnkles

Old 12-05-2018, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for the input. My school is working on "Learner Qualities" and one of the things we talk about with the kids is being in the "learning pit". My curricular coach feels the same way you do that ENY is way too dense a curriculum. Especially in 4th grade. She said that so many would not know where to even start if I did math rotations. I have to do a whole group lesson first. She feels that I need to throw them in the pit more often though. So many were just sitting there waiting for me to spoon feed them. They want to give up right away. So I teach a problem and then have them do one, no help. They have to be in the pit for a while. Then we all come back together and discuss it. After a while my higher kids I have them reflect on whether they can do the worksheet on their own. If so they can get started. The rest of us continue working together. When they are done with the worksheet they can do Zearn or a math game. It is working pretty well. Also, my curricular coach is co-teaching math with me. I love having another adult in there with me. I wish I could have her all the time.
SwollenAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net