ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New 2nd grade teacher from Kindergatten
View Single Post

MAMASUZE

2nd Graders
Old 06-23-2019, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They are a joy to teach. Most of them are at an independent stage and can work on their own pretty good. You have to be patient with them, some will drive you crazy wanting attention. Small groups and centers have worked well for me over the years. But make sure the students know exactly what's expected before you turn them lose to work on their own. I usually practice a center for a week or so before being put in the center for just them.

Second graders are curious they want to know everything! They will love you to the end of the moon if they feel that you love them.

Lots of read alouds are something else that they like. I try to begin the year with short chapters...Gooney Bird Green is a favorite, Snot Stew is another one that mine like.

Amy Lemons (Step into 2nd Grade TPT) is someone I really like. She has lots of good material.

Just take a deep breath and go day by day. Before you go spend crazy, wait and see what curriculum you have to work with. Be prepared, they'll know if you're not.

You'll do great, Good luck!
MAMASUZE is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net