ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Moving to 2nd in a hoarder's old classroom
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 07-29-2019, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My room has three file cabinets. I keep files in one, but the other two stored my extra classroom supplies in small baskets. On top of them I had two three drawer plastic bins that I kept materials for centers. It put them at kids and my eye level with some space at the front for a box of tissues or clipboard... it was nice to have.

I know there have been lists made on PT in the past with BOY things to get done. I just don’t see any right now. Maybe someone could attach one or help find one. I haven’t checked tpt, but I can aimagine they have several, too.

Start by moving that furniture around so you have all those spaces you need (your list is great), then start thinking procedures, organizing procedures (how do kids know and how does the room set up complement this), and curriculum. Things will start to fall into place. I keep a notebook during this time and jot things I need to do down as I come up with them. In your “breaks” you can prioritize those ideas, scratch some unneeded off, and work on them as you can.

Good list in this post

Last edited by kahluablast; 07-29-2019 at 07:07 AM..
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net