ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Demo Lesson Help Please
View Single Post

gradymidget

Old 08-01-2019, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I’m retired now (2 years) and so I had no lesson demo suggestion. I would however fear the lesson towards second grade level not third. If these kids are in summer school more than likely they are below grade level. Ability is probably 1/2 Level not 2/3 Level. I would choose something where you know the kids would probably be successful. So I wouldn’t pick something where you definitely know prior knowledge would be needed. Like I would not choose something like theme. And I like your idea of pairing a second grader with a third grader. Do you know how many kids will be in the class? (Just went back and saw you mentioned 15.) i am also thinking your direct instruction should be not more than 10or 15 minutes if you are going to have them use chrome books. Figure a few minutes for logging on and any glitches with the chrome books. And make it something they can easily access on the chrome books. Just a suggestion!

Personally I would forgo the chrome books and just use the interactive board. You don’t really know their ability and will have more control with the interactive board. I don’t think they are going to be looking for differentiation in a demo lesson.
gradymidget is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net