ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Demo Lesson Help Please
View Single Post

Violets2

Old 08-04-2019, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'll try to help. I would hope the students know how to use the chrome books. May want to confirm that. For example, I don't use them a ton in my room but other teachers do. Mine know how to log onto websites, etc. but keyboarding skills may not be great for all of them so again, depending on the school, you may not want to plan a lesson that involves them typing out responses unless they're short replies. Again, some schools might have a very tech savvy environment and the kids are very comfortable and capable of keyboarding. Ours aren't at that grade level.

Smart projectors are similar but like everything, each technology and board have their own particular ways. You can plan a lesson but unless you are familiar with the exact software, you should have a back up plan. Perhaps use it for projecting an image or text only vs writing on.

I'd plan something for paper and pencil in case your tech isn't cooperative. That would should your flexibility skills as well. I'd go armed with paper, pencils, erasers.

I would also plan a lesson that allows for differentiation and individuality.

Writing lesson meaning writing in response to something such as a story or article read? A mini lesson of grammar skills? Narrative/Opinion writing? Lots to choose from.

Good luck!
Violets2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net