ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - can't find a way into a public school system
View Single Post
notapara

notapara

can't find a way into a public school system
Old 08-31-2019, 03:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I applied for 3 elementary job openings in my local district over the summer and I just saw on the schools website that all three teaching positions were filled by people who had worked as paraprofessionals within the district. How am I ever going to get a chance if jobs are all taken by people already in the district??? I've been teaching too long to be a paraprofessional besides the fact that I would make even less money than I am already making teaching in a private school and there is no way I could afford that pay cut. So I can't be a para, I can't sub, and I don't have any connections. I was feeling optimistic about trying again next year but now I feel very discouraged after seeing the jobs filled by people who were already in the school system working as paraprofessional. I feel like I'll never get a chance to teach in the public schools. I can't afford to be a para nor would i want to after teaching all this time. I am so tired of seeing these fake job posting when principal know all along who they are going to hire. Any thoughts? Any hopeful stories about people being hired from outside the school system.
thanks

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net