ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Clip chart vs ClassDojo
View Single Post

Lilbitkm

Old 10-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I ditched the clip chart for dojo this year.

My students can trade their points in for (free to me) incentives on Fridayís. Due to this, it cites down on them asking how many points they have. I do project the points on the smartboard multiple times a day though.

I, however, only use dojo to reward points for things like: homework completed for the week, passing AR tests, mastering math facts, etc. itís incentive based only. I donít use it for behavior and they donít lose points. They get a neutral for no homework competed so parents get a notification.

I handle behavior in the moment and if needed I contact parents regarding continuous behavior issues. Everything else gets a natural consequence and is not connected to dojo.

I LOVE the message part of dojo, especially since many of my parents arenít native English speakers. Dojo translates everything for them/me.
I also love the story feature to update parents and that I can see who has viewed it. You can also see when your messages have been read which I like (they canít see if youíve read their messages to you).
Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net