ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Is a verbal agreement binding?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 04-27-2020, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Keep interviewing until you have an official offer, and definitely don't resign yet. If this school is your first choice and you can get an offer from somewhere else before they tell you anything, then you can prod them along by saying they're your first choice, but you have an offer you need to respond to by x date and will accept unless you get an official offer from them.

Around here, signing contracts right away is simply not done so you basically have to go on the assumption that a verbal offer is valid. However, I agree with Grace that this isn't a verbal offer, yet. It does sound likely but I definitely wouldn't do anything until the offer is official.

Last time I was seriously job hunting, I interviewed with a school 3x including a demo and was told the "last step" was meeting the team. The P had basically told me I had the job and this was just a formality. I have no idea what happened on their end but they ended up changing their tune. It took forever to schedule the meeting with the team and then they cancelled on me. When I finally went, I was told 2 of the 3 team members were out that day and I met with one woman who rushed me out the door in 5 minutes. I have no idea if they happened upon their "dream candidate" somehow after me, wanted to move people internally, or what. I thought it was basically a done deal but had kept interviewing anyway- thankfully!
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net