ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Zoom Interview! Advice/list of questions.
View Single Post

Monkeyflower

My experience
Old 04-29-2020, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Good morning,

I moved to a new city a couple of years ago, and was on the interviewee side of the table for the first time in years. Back in my old district, I participated in many interview committees. My experience is K-8, and not high school. So here's just a list of things that I can remember.

Be able to describe your experiences with diverse populations...
Expect scenario questions.... Examples, what would you do if ..... a kid had a bloody nose, wasn't doing assignment, causing disruption, upset parent, unproductive parapro, a school of sharks swam into your room.... My point is that it can get absurd. The team will want to know if you can remain calm, and follow some sort of protocol, such as not touching a bloody student....

You may be asked about particular curriculum. My advice here is to admit when you are not familiar with the ones they asked about, and to ask them them, then you can say that sounds similar to a curriculum you do know....

Other questions....

What do your colleagues say about you, your students....

You may get the questions before the interview, and may have time to review and take notes.

Questions you can ask the school....

What are some challenges the school faces, and how are they being addressed...

What are some things that are really working well... You can use information from the website to develop these questions.

You might be given a performance task, such as look at this data and use it to write present levels of performance and IEP goals....

Hope this helps.
Monkeyflower is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net