ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Advice on Starting w/o Credentials?
View Single Post

Algebro

Advice on Starting w/o Credentials?
Old 05-05-2020, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I hope not to raise a big debate on this. Over three decades ago, I attended education graduate school and then taught high school math abroad. I loved it. My students appreciated me (now, as adults, they are the biggest portion of my Facebook friends). But, sadly, I felt that my pay was going to create a challenge for me and my family, once I were to have one. So, I left teaching.

I have been involved in helping kids learn for over ten years, from volunteer and paid tutoring to homeschooling our younger son to creating and running enrichment classes for our kids' school.

I'm now at a point in my life where I can stop my current work and return to the classroom and I believe there is a strong demand for capable high school math teachers. But, I do not have credentials and I don't think I can spend years getting them.

I'm in San Francisco. Can anyone give me tips on how I might be able to land a high school math teaching job for this coming year? What I might need to to establish my credibility in the job?

Thanks much!

Algebro is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net