ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - So many resumes, not one interview
View Single Post

GraceKrispy

Old 06-13-2020, 12:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have had several friends get jobs at the last minute before school started (or just after) for the reasons Good Enough said-enrollment changes or last minute resignations. My two K-12 teaching jobs were actually given to me in July (for schools that started in late July and mid-August). I interviewed for one in February (it was actually just a courtesy interview since my son went to that school) and one in June. For both of them, they didn't seem that interested in hiring me at the time of my interview (within my first year, both had said how thankful they were to have me and how good I was/what a great fit- so I got the impression I maybe don't interview that well).

If you and your husband are both unemployed, I'm sure it doesn't help to think about having to wait longer. I don't know if it's possible to get a job that just pays some bills and leave the job when you get a teaching job, but I would definitely consider that if you need the money. I hope you get something soon- we have been in your position and it is terrifying.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net