ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to make this work with departmentilization
View Single Post

ILuvTeaching9

How to make this work with departmentilization
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,

I am wondering how I can make the Responsive Classroom Approach work in my classroom now that my grade is departmentalizing. When the kids come in, they have 15 minute before the late bell rings, and then announcements come on. After that, we go straight to special. After special, we teach out homerooms first (I teach reading/lang. arts) and then we switch and teach another group. I will have two groups. Should I have "morning meetings" with both groups, even if one is not my homeroom? I feel that it will eat up valuable time with my second group, as they will most likely lose a lot of time throughout the year already due to assemblies and early dismissals. This isn't something I want to push on my teammate who I will be flip-flopping with as her idea of classroom management is much different than mine.

Also, our school has a school-wide "clip chart" in use. How could I incorporate this to work with the RCA techniques? Thanks!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net