ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to make this work with departmentilization
View Single Post

ILuvTeaching9

Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't think I can get away with not using the clip chart, as we are supposed to be consistent throughout the school. I agree, as I think about it more, that it makes no sense at all. The children don't really get anything out of it. I think the only way to get out of it would be to have the children move their clip when they receive the consequence? I don't know. It's frustrating because this is only my second year at this particular school and I don't want to rock the boat by saying "Hey, let's get rid of your behavior management system!" It doesn't work, though. I can tell you that 5th graders really do NOT appreciate being called out to get up and move a clip in front of everyone. Even if you pull them aside and tell them, the other students still see them move it after you have spoken to them. So no, I guess it is not very respectful. Argh! I am frustrated because I don't know how to make this work.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net