ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Ack!
Thread: Ack!
View Single Post

damarnfl

I understand
Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I totally understand your anguish! I was, and still am, the only person in my school using the RC approach, Daily 5 & Math Workstations. I may get someone else doing Daily 5 this year, but that's it.

It's hard, I know, but we do it for the benefit of the students. My students last year were the most respectful and best behaved class I'd ever had (and I had some challenging students too).

I did fall down on some of the RC approach near the middle of the year and went back to my clip chart. I did it because, like your colleagues, it was easier. I now have the determination to keep up with logical consequences this year and nothing external. I have an autistic student in my class this year so it will be challenging, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I had a great compliment from our Library Assistant that my class was the most respectful & best behaved in the Library during Book exchange. That's because of the RC approach.

Stick with it & feel free to vent on here about frustrations with others who "don't get it." You'll feel great about your class & your teaching.

Good Luck.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net