ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Recommendations
Thread: Recommendations
View Single Post

Munchkins

Shame on that aide!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

She had no right speaking to you that way, and spreading hurtful comments. Focus on all the positives from your first year, and all you have learned. In my school a first year teacher would not have been responsible for such a severe behavior problem. It sounds to me that you went above and beyond with this child, and did the best anyone could do.

Next year, and every year, you will learn more and more, and your confidence will grow. I've been doing this for 25 years, and I'm still learning how to make my classroom better each and every year. And so will you.

As far as suggestions- I love "Discipline without Stress, Rewards or Punishments" by Dr. Marvin Marshall. I use that hand in hand with "Conscious Discipline" by Becky Bailey. AND...we are Bucketfillers- based on the book, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?"

So, take a deep breath, remember all of your successes, and learn from your challenges (and that's what they were- there were NO failures on your part!) Relax, recharge, and rest up. Every year is a brand new start for us all.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net