ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Going to see the 2 sisters this weekend but
View Single Post

daisytat

Daep
Old 09-19-2015, 12:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think it is exciting that one you are going to see the 2 Sisters and two that you now have a job! After reading your post, I could sense your disappointment in thinking that you may not be able to use your new found knowledge, so I thought I would put this out there for you to think about. Could it be possible that the DAEP setting may be a good place to implement the Daily 5/Café ??? (That is if I understand correctly that DAEP is a program for students who have gotten into trouble and need an alternative educational environment.) I am guessing that the students who are sent to this alternative setting are not on the same academic levels, which seems to be a big reason the 2 sisters designed their programs (differentiated abilities within one room). Therefore, could it be possible after assessing the students' needs, you can come up with lesson plans for groups of similar needs and then your Daily 5 activities will give the students who are not with you a chance in small settings to have hands-on (instead of traditional stay in your seat and work) experience with academics and some maybe needed alone time (during Read to Self) chances. Some times the students who are in these situations need a change in learning methods previously tried with them in their old settings. With you being excited about your new teaching methods, it could be possible that you could be The One who can implement this "alternative" teaching style to these students and bring them up not only in their academics, but also in their actions / behaviors to become more successful in society instead of the path they are headed toward. Best wishes for a good year! Also, I hope you have fun and enjoy your experience seeing the 2 Sisters!
daisytat is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net