ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Going to see the 2 sisters this weekend but
View Single Post

panther1987

Maybe
Old 09-19-2015, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I went to the first day of the workshop today and it was great. They also gave away two books, a set of chimes, a timer, some reading windows and a fidget type toy for those barometer kids. Everybody got one of everything. That was a nice surprise.

Tomorrow is the day they will focus on CAFE which I only dabbled in last year so I am really looking forward to it.

I'm not sure if I would be able to implement the Daily 5 in the DAEP. They just moved the classroom to a new school and the administration is basically rewriting all of its policies. In most DAEPs, the kids basically sit at study carrels and do assignments all day with no privileges at all. However, this admin is trying to make it a more positive environment which thrills me.

Right now it might be a little odd to start with Daily 5 because currently I have one student and a paraprofessional. The student is already getting a lot of one on one instruction.

I think I will try taking the Ten Steps to Independence and apply it to the behaviors that he needs to improve before he returns to his regular class.

In the meantime, I'm taking lots of notes and imagining applying what I am learning to my first grade class from last year.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
panther1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net