ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Does anyone use bridges math program?
View Single Post

Sbkangas5

Old 11-27-2019, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We just started using it this year. There is a very small workbook, but most of it doesn't start until halfway through the year. There's also a home connections type workbook (again, very small) that you can send home for practice. I don't think we've done one worksheet so far this year. I LOVE it!!

So far we have introduced numbers to 20 (lots of work with #s to 10), comparing numbers, one more and one less (and beginning addition and subtraction within this), subitization, shapes, making 5, making 10, patterns, and tons of work with 10's frames. Most skills are not meant to be learned to mastery until the end of the year. It doesn't necessarily spiral like some curriculums, but you do touch on a lot of skills in each module and come back to them in many different ways.

So far I really really like it, and I am not one to ever like a packaged curriculum. It's very hands-on with lots of games and manipulatives. The kids are very engaged and learning a ton. I feel like they are going to have a really deep, solid number sense at the end of the year. It's a TON of prep and has been hard to implement this year, but I can see how it will be much better next year. I feel like I'm barely keeping up day to day, and can't get a handle on getting ahead or good organization for it, but I'm sure I'll get there at some point.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net